KEY TECHNICAL DATA
Industry Leading Firestop Technology INSS2460 Fire Barrier Silicone Sealant is a one-part, neutral-curing silicone sealant used to control the spread of fire, smoke, toxic gases, and water during fire condi- tions. INSS2460 offers exceptional performance and listed designs require less product, making it more cost effective than other traditional firestop silicone sealants. INSS2460 is designed to seal the gaps around penetrations through fire-rated floors, walls or other assemblies as well as for sealing gaps around window and door frames in critically fire-rated structures.
INSS2460+ is a sprayable silicone based firestop sealant that offers excellent flexibility, is waterproof and tested for up to a 3 hour joint system in accordance with UL2079 and ULC-S115.
Both products adheres to most construction materials including concrete, stone, plaster, metals, glass and plastics. They are installation friendly, are asbestos and halogen free and ideal for interior and exterior use or where contact with moisture is a concern. Once fully cured, INSS2460/INSS2460+ offer excellent weathering characteristics including UV resistance, cold temperature flexibility, dry heat aging and resistance to chalking.
FEATURES & APPLICATIONS
- Specific gravity: 1.2 – 1.3g/cm3
- Color: Gray
- VOC: 53.20 g/L
- Tack-free time: 30 minutes
- Curing time: 7-14 days
- Shrinkage (weight): 0.1%
- Hardness (fully cured): SHORE A 30° – 40° Application temperature: 40° F – 104° F (5° C – 40° C)
- In-Service temperature: -13° F – 176° F (-25° C – 80° C)
- Storage temperature: 50° F – 95° F (10° C – 35° C) Shelf Life: 12 months
- Packaging: INSS2460-310 ml/Tube, 25/CTN 600 ml/Sausage, 20/CTN; INSS2460+ 1 gal/pail & 5 gal/pail
- Performance: 50+ years HOAC tested