KEY TECHNICAL DATA
Industry leading Firestop Technology, INSS1440 Fire Barrier Caulk is a single component water-based acrylic intumescent firestop sealant.
INSS1440 Listed designs use less product and offer exceptional performance, making it more cost effective than other traditional firestop caulking’s. The product’s fast expansion technology quickly fills voids, of- fering excellent protection from fire, heat transfer, smoke and gases.
INSS1440 is used for sealing gaps around single or multiple penetrations through interior walls and floors, or for sealing gaps around doors and win- dow frames in critically fire rated structures.
INSS1440 Fire Barrier Caulk will adhere to most construction materials and penetrant items, is installation friendly, asbestos and halogen free, and can be painted after full curing.
FEATURES & APPLICATIONS
- Specific Density: 1.50 ± 0.1 g/cm3
- Color: Gray
- Tack Free time: 30 minutes
- Curing time: 7 – 21 days
- Expansion rate: 3 – 5 times
- Application temperature: 40° F – 104° F (5° C – 40° C)
- In-Service Temperature: -13° F – 176° F (-25° C – 80° C)
- Storage Temperature: 50° F – 95° F (10° C – 35° C)
- Packaging: 310 ml/Tube, 25/CTN; 600 ml/Sausage, 20/CTN; 1 gal/pail & 5 gal/pail
- Shelf Life: 24 months
- Performance: 50+ years HOAC tested